Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) Training
- Course Content
- Drop us a Query
Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) training course builds the proficiency in configuring, deploying and managing network services and security on the servers running a Red Hat Operating System. The course covers system maintenance including kernel configuration, boot loader, package management, and more. The training gears the participants in troubleshooting the system also.
RHCE is a superset of RHCSA and thus this training curriculum is comprised of three course wares from Red Hat namely:
- RH124: Red Hat System Administration I
- RH134: Red hat System Administration II
- RH 254: Red hat System Administration III
By the end of this training the learners will be able to perform the following tasks:
- Installation of Linux and configuring local components and services
- Use command line syntax
- Manage physical storage and deploy file sharing services
- Handle logical volume management (LVM) storage
- Administer user, groups and file sharing among them
- Manage priority of Linux processes and schedule tasks
- Deal with SELinux security
- Manage DNS for servers
- Deal with MariaDB databases and Apache HTTPD web service
- Use Bash scripts for defining conditional and control structures
- Experienced Linux system administrators
- Windows administrators who want to learn Linux administration
- IT professionals willing to take Linux system administration as a career
- Security professionals can take this training to understand Linux administration.
Knowledge of operating system and networking fundamentals is essential to undergo this training.
Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) exam (EX300)
- RH124: Red hat System Administration I
- RH134: Red hat System Administration II
- RH 254: Red hat System Administration III
RH124: Red hat System Administration I
Access the command line
- Log in to a Linux system and run simple commands using the shell.
Manage files from the command line
- Copy, move, create, delete, and organize files from the bash shell prompt.
Get help in Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Resolve problems by using online help systems and Red Hat support utilities.
Create, view, and edit text files
- Create, view, and edit text files from command output or in an editor.
Manage local Linux users and groups
- Manage local Linux users and groups, and administer local password policies.
Control access to files with Linux file system permissions
- Set Linux file system permissions on files and interpret the security effects of different permission settings.
Monitor and manage Linux processes
- Obtain information about the system, and control processes running on it.
Control services and daemons
- Control and monitor network services and system daemons using systemd
Configure and secure OpenSSH service
- Access and provide access to the command line on remote systems securely using OpenSSH
Analyze and store logs
- Locate and accurately interpret relevant system log files for troubleshooting purposes.
Manage Red Hat Enterprise Linux networking
- Configure basic IPv4 networking on Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems.
Archive and copy files between systems
- Archive files and copy them from one system to another.
Install and update software packages
- Download, install, update, and manage software packages from Red Hat and yum package repositories.
Access Linux file systems
- Access and inspect existing file systems on a Red Hat Enterprise Linux system.
Use virtualized systems
- Create and use Red Hat Enterprise Linux virtual machines with KVM and libvirt.
- Practice and demonstrate the knowledge and skills learned in this course.
RH134: Red hat System Administration II
Automate installation with Kickstart
- Automate the installation of Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems with Kickstart.
Use regular expressions with grep
- Write regular expressions that, when partnered with grep, will allow you to quickly isolate or locate content within text files.
Create and Edit text files with vim
- The Introduce the vim text editor, with which you can open, edit, and save text files.
Schedule future Linux tasks
- Schedule tasks to automatically execute in the future.
Manage priority of Linux processes
- Influence the relative priorities at which Linux processes run.
Control access to files with access control lists (ACL)
- Manage file security using POSIX access control lists.
Manage SELinux security
- Manage the Security Enhanced Linux (SELinux) behavior of a system to keep it secure in case of a network service compromise.
Connect to network-defined users and groups
- Configure systems to use central identity management services.
Add disks, partitions, and file systems to a Linux system
- Manage simple partitions and file systems.
Manage logical volume management (LVM) storage
- Manage logical volumes from the command line.
Access networked attached storage with network file system (NFS)
- Access (secure) NFS shares.
Access networked storage with SMB
- Use autofs and the command line to mount and unmount SMB file systems.
Control and troubleshoot the Red Hat Enterprise Linux boot process Limit network communication with firewall
- Configure a basic firewall.
- Practice and demonstrate knowledge and skills learned in this course.
RH 254: Red hat System Administration III
Control services and daemons
- Review how to manage services and the boot-up process using systemctl
Manage IPv6 networking
- Configure and troubleshoot basic IPv6 networking on Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems
Configure link aggregation and bridging
- Configure and troubleshoot advanced network interface functionality including bonding, teaming, and local software bridges
Control network port security
- Permit and reject access to network services using advanced SELinux and firewalld filtering techniques
Manage DNS for servers
- Set and verify correct DNS records for systems and configure secure DNS caching
Configure email delivery
- Relay all email sent by the system to an SMTP gateway for central delivery
Provide block-based storage
- Provide and use networked iSCSI block devices as remote disks
Provide file-based storage
- Provide NFS exports and SMB file shares to specific systems and users
Configure MariaDB databases
- Provide a MariaDB SQL database for use by programs and database administrators
Provide Apache HTTPD web service
- Configure Apache HTTPD to provide Transport Layer Security (TLS)-enabled websites and virtual hosts
Write Bash scripts
- Write simple shell scripts using Bash
Bash conditionals and control structures
- Use Bash conditionals and other control structures to write more sophisticated shell commands and scripts
Configure the shell environment
- Customize Bash startup and use environment variables, Bash aliases, and Bash functions
Linux containers preview
- Preview the capabilities of Linux containers, Docker, and other related technologies in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- Practice and demonstrate knowledge and skills learned in Red Hat System Administration III
The training was good covering the topics with right pace. The trainer was good, calm and gentle with good knowledge of Primavera. This training will help me in my career growth and providing effective solutions.Siddharth Kumar, India Primavera Training
Attending CEH training at Xpert Group fulfills my objective completely. Training starting from the basics of networking to the advanced level of hacking skills gives me great exposure to the ethical hacking domain. Now, I’m confident enough to meet the security talent crisis of my organization.Sagar Khajuria CEH Training
Working for an investigation agency, I always realize the skills lacking in computer forensic. With the fire to overcome this hurdle I attended CHFI training at Xpert Group in Noida. Learning forensic skills from an expert was really exciting. Listening to his case studies provides surplus information on the investigation process and tricks. Thank you Xpert Group for this great learning experience and preparing me for clearing the certification exam.Anand Khosla CHFI Training
Great training experience at Xpert Group. The trainer with a highly practical approach makes the training very informative and interesting. His interpersonal skills make me feel comfortable in the sessions. Good place to take up SAS training.Dr. Deepak Puri, Australia SAS Training
The knowledge and the teaching quality provided by the trainer was exceptional. The way he introduced electronics and relate it to the practical applications had changed my way of thinking. The facilities available helped in improving the learning experience. I honestly appreciate the trainer and Xpert Group.Akshay Puri Delhi Technological University, Verilog, CMOS and FPGA Training
My SAS training at Xpert Group was great and the trainer was excellent. I am happy because they not just gave training, but also provided motivation and career guidance. Due to their efforts, I got a great job and I am happy to have chosen Xpert Group. Many of my friends have also completed trainings from here and they are glad too.Anil Thakur, Delhi Base & Advance SAS Training
I attended cisco, microsoft, CompTIA and CEH trainings here. My training experience at Xpert Group was really great! The staff is friendly and ready to help. Most importantly, all the trainers are ready to answer all your queries. They had extreme patience and cooperated with me at all times. They covered the complete course content and also gave the right path to prepare for exams. They made my visit to India successful.
I’d surely suggest Xpert Group to my friends here. Cheers!
I would like to thank you and your team for providing me "CBAP Exam Prep Training Workshop" successfully. I really appreciate everyone for being so responsive, professional and kind enough to help me in all aspects. The training happened remotely, however I really did not get the feel of distance gap. The trainer helped me to related the course concepts with the IT industry that honed my creative thinking skills.
Thank you to everyone.
Attending RHCSA training from Xpert Group was a complete package of learning, fun, and problem solving. I appreciate the teaching style of the trainer and his involvement into sessions.
I’m sure Xpert Group can be the right training destination for training on any technology.
Learning Website designing from Xpert Group was very productive. The skills I gained here helped me to get a job shortly after training. I’m very thankful to the trainer and administration staff there for helping me out in various ways.Ankur bansal, Ghaziabad Web site designing Training
Xpert Group team is great in providing visionary counseling. I’m highly benefited and can recommend my friends and others to once visit Xpert Group before closing any training related decision. I attended both Base SAS and Advance SAS trainings. The trainer was an expert in his domain and solved all my queries in a very satisfactory manner. The study material provided here helps me to a great extent in preparing for the examination and qualifying it in the first attempt only. Now I’m on the way to my dream jobAnand Prakash Sahu Binary Semantics Ltd., Sr. Data Analyst Base & Advance SAS Training
Xpert Group is a good organization providing specialized training in all the demanding technologies and management areas. I attended ITIL® training for clearing the certification exam. I’m thankful to the trainer for imparting quality training. I congratulate Xpert Group for maintaining the standards in training.Manoj Kumar Sharma, HCL Application Support Manager
Xpert Group is a pool of professional courses. I learned the concepts of Core-Java and Android using various tools. The trainers with sound domain knowledge made the learning sessions interesting. THE LMS provided here as part of course was an additional help and a complete trainer in itself.Maninder Pal Singh Core-Java and Android Training
Few days back, I found the reviews for Xpert Group to be better as compared to other institutes in Delhi/NCR for ITIL V3 Foundation certificate exam preparation. I enrolled here and found the training sessions to be amazing, full of examples. LMS is really an useful tool covering detailed explanation of the topics and practice mock tests. The program managers are very supportive and sincere towards the trainee requirements. Overall, I’m very happy and satisfied on clearing my exam and getting knowledge from Xpert Group.Vinay Kumar Verma, Aircel Ltd., Assistant Manager ITIL® training