Microsoft MCSA SQL Server 2012 Training
- Course Content
- Drop us a Query
Microsoft MCSA SQL Server 2012 Training delivers the technical skills to handle Microsoft database. It covers the installation, administration, maintenance and troubleshooting of the database. The candidates will learn about data warehousing in detail in this training. The comprehensive knowledge and practical exposure of the database concept builds the proficiency of the professionals to serve the organizations of any size.
This training is a complete database solution offering studies on three different courses mentioned as following:
- Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012
- Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Databases
- Implementing a Data Warehouse with Microsoft SQL Server 2012
At the completion of this training the participants will exhibit the following skills:
- Introduce Microsoft SQL Server platform, architecture and tools.
- Explore SQL Azure.
- Execute T-SQL queries - write SELECT queries, query multiple tables, sort and filter data, use built-in functions, group and aggregate data, subqueries, views, derived tables
- Learn SQL Server 2012 data types
- Practice indexes, stored procedures, error handling, transactions, query performance
- Programming with T-SQL
- Install SQL server and describe physical structure of database
- Create SQL server backup and restore databases
- Define permissions and conduct SQL server audit
- Design and implement data warehouse.
- Integrate cloud data into data warehouse infrastructure, implement data cleansing, and enforce data integrity.
- Database Administrators
- Database Developers
- Client application developers
- Business analysts
The candidates with the following skillsets are the ideal candidates for this training:
- Microsoft Windows operating system and its functionality
- Relational database along normalization
After being trained on above skills, you can attempt following exams to get MCSA SQL server 2012 certification from Microsoft:
|Course Name||Course No.||Exam No.||Certification Achieved|
|Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012||10774A||70-461||MCSA SQL Server 2012|
|Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Databases||10775A||70-462|
|Implementing a Data Warehouse with Microsoft SQL Server 2012||10777A||70-463|
- Introduction to Microsoft SQL Server 2012
- Getting Started with SQL Azure
- Introduction to T-SQL Querying
- Writing SELECT Queries
- Querying Multiple Tables
- Sorting and Filtering data
- Working with SQL Server 2012 Data types
- Using Built-In functions
- Grouping and Aggregating
- Using Subqueries
- Using Table Expressions
- Using Set Operators
- Using Window Ranking, Offset and Aggregate Functions
- Pivoting and Grouping Sets
- Querying SQL Server Metadata
- Executing Stored Procedures
- Programming with T-SQL
- Implementing Error Handling
- Implementing Transactions
- Improving Query Performance
- Introduction to SQL Server 2012 and its Toolset
- Preparing Systems for SQL Server 2012
- Installing and Configuring SQL Server 2012
- Working with Databases
- Understanding SQL Server 2012 Recovery Models
- Backup of SQL Server 2012 Databases
- Restoring SQL Server 2012 Databases-
- Importing and Exporting Data
- Authenticating and Authorizing Users
- Assigning Server and Database Roles
- Authorizing Users to Access Resources
- Auditing SQL Server Environments
- Automating SQL Server 2012 Management
- Configuring Security for SQL Server Agent
- Monitoring SQL Server 2012 with Alerts and Notifications
- Performing Ongoing Database Maintenance
- Tracing Access to SQL Server 2012
- Monitoring SQL Server 2012
- Managing Multiple Servers
- Troubleshooting Common SQL Server 2012 Administrative Issues
- Introduction to Data Warehousing
- Data Warehouse Hardware
- Designing and Implementing a Data Warehouse
- Creating an ETL Solution with SSIS
- Implementing Control Flow in an SSIS Package
- Debugging and Troubleshooting SSIS Packages
- Implementing an Incremental ETL Process
- Incorporating Data from the Cloud into a Data Warehouse
- Enforcing Data Quality
- Using Master Data Services
- Extending SQL Server Integration Services
- Deploying and Configuring SSIS Packages
- Consuming Data in a Data Warehouse
Introduction to Microsoft SQL Server 2012
- Introducing Microsoft SQL Server 2012.
- Getting Started with SQL Server Management Studio.
Getting Started with SQL Azure
- Overview of SQL Azure.
- Working with SQL Azure.
Introduction to T-SQL Querying
- Introducing T-SQL.
- Understanding Sets.
- Understanding Predicate Logic.
- Understanding the Logical Order of Operations in SELECT statements.
Writing SELECT Queries
- Writing Simple SELECT Statements.
- Eliminating Duplicates with DISTINCT.
- Using Column and Table Aliases.
- Writing Simple CASE Expressions.
Querying Multiple Tables
- Understanding Joins.
- Querying with Inner Joins.
- Querying with Outer Joins.
- Querying with Cross Joins and Self Joins.
Sorting and Filtering data
- Sorting Data.
- Filtering Data with a WHERE Clause.
- Filtering with the TOP and OFFSET-FETCH Options.
- Working with Unknown and Missing Values.
Working with SQL Server 2012 Data types
- Introducing SQL Server 2012 Data Types.
- Working with Character Data.
- Working with Date and Time Data.
Using Built-In functions
- Writing Queries with Built-In Functions.
- Using Conversion Functions.
- Using Logical Functions.
- Using Functions to Work with NULL.
Grouping and Aggregating
- Using Aggregate Functions.
- Using the GROUP BY Clause.
- Filtering Groups with HAVING
- Writing Self-Contained Subqueries.
- Writing Correlated Subqueries.
- Using the EXISTS Predicate with Subqueries.
Using Table Expressions
- Using Derived Tables.
- Using Common Table Expressions.
- Using Views.
- Using Inline Table-Valued Functions.
Using Set Operators
- Writing Queries with the UNION Operator.
- Using EXCEPT and INTERSECT.
- Using APPLY.
Using Window Ranking, Offset and Aggregate Functions
- Creating Windows with OVER.
- Exploring Window Functions.
Pivoting and Grouping Sets
- Writing Queries with PIVOT and UNPIVOT.
- Working with Grouping Sets.
Querying SQL Server Metadata
- Querying System Catalog Views and Functions.
- Executing System Stored Procedures.
- Querying Dynamic Management Objects.
Executing Stored Procedures
- Querying Data with Stored Procedures.
- Passing Parameters to Stored Procedures.
- Creating Simple Stored Procedures.
- Working with Dynamic SQL.
Programming with T-SQL
- T-SQL Programming Elements.
- Controlling Program Flow.
Implementing Error Handling
- Using TRY / CATCH Blocks.
- Working with Error Information.
- Transactions and the Database Engine.
- Controlling Transactions.
Improving Query Performance
- Factors in Query Performance.
- Displaying Query Performance Data.
Introduction to SQL Server 2012 and its Toolset
- Introduction to the SQL Server Platform.
- Working with SQL Server Tools.
- Configuring SQL Server Services.
Preparing Systems for SQL Server 2012
- Overview of SQL Server Architecture.
- Planning Server Resource Requirements.
- Pre-installation Testing for SQL Server.
Installing and Configuring SQL Server 2012
- Preparing to Install SQL Server.
- Installing SQL Server.
- Upgrading and Automating Installation.
Working with Databases
- Overview of SQL Server Databases.
- Working with Files and Filegroups.
- Moving Database Files.
Understanding SQL Server 2012 Recovery Models
- Backup Strategies.
- Understanding SQL Server Transaction Logging.
- Planning a SQL Server Backup Strategy.
Backup of SQL Server 2012 Databases
- Backing up Databases and Transaction Logs.
- Managing Database Backups.
- Working with Backup Options.
Restoring SQL Server 2012 Databases-
- Understanding the Restore Process.
- Restoring Databases.
- Working with Point-in-time recovery.
- Restoring System Databases and Individual Files.
Importing and Exporting Data
- Transferring Data To/From SQL Server.
- Importing and Exporting Table Data.
- Inserting Data in Bulk.
Authenticating and Authorizing Users
- Authenticating Connections to SQL Server.
- Authorizing Logins to Access Databases.
- Authorization Across Servers.
Assigning Server and Database Roles
- Working with Server Roles.
- Working with Fixed Database Roles.
- Creating User-defined Database Roles.
Authorizing Users to Access Resources
- Authorizing User Access to Objects.
- Authorizing Users to Execute Code.
- Configuring Permissions at the Schema Level.
Auditing SQL Server Environments
- Options for Auditing Data Access in SQL.
- Implementing SQL Server Audit.
- Managing SQL Server Audit.
Automating SQL Server 2012 Management
- Automating SQL Server Management.
- Working with SQL Server Agent.
- Managing SQL Server Agent Jobs.
Configuring Security for SQL Server Agent
- Understanding SQL Server Agent Security.
- Configuring Credentials.
- Configuring Proxy Accounts.
Monitoring SQL Server 2012 with Alerts and Notifications
- Configuration of Database Mail.
- Monitoring SQL Server Errors.
- Configuring Operators, Alerts and Notifications
Performing Ongoing Database Maintenance
- Ensuring Database Integrity.
- Maintaining Indexes.
- Automating Routine Database Maintenance.
Tracing Access to SQL Server 2012
- Capturing Activity using SQL Server Profiler.
- Improving Performance with the Database Engine Tuning Advisor.
- Working with Tracing Options.
Monitoring SQL Server 2012
- Monitoring Activity.
- Capturing and Managing Performance Data.
- Analyzing Collected Performance Data.
Managing Multiple Servers
- Working with Multiple Servers.
- Virtualizing SQL Server.
- Deploying and Upgrading Data-Tier Applications.
Troubleshooting Common SQL Server 2012 Administrative Issues
- SQL Server Troubleshooting Methodology.
- Resolving Service-related Issues.
- Resolving Concurrency Issues.
- Resolving Login and Connectivity Issues.
Introduction to Data Warehousing
- Overview of Data Warehousing.
- Considerations for a Data Warehouse Solution.
Data Warehouse Hardware
- Considerations for Building a Data Warehouse.
- Data Warehouse Reference Architectures and Appliances.
Designing and Implementing a Data Warehouse
- Logical Design for a Data Warehouse.
- Physical Design for a Data Warehouse.
Creating an ETL Solution with SSIS
- Introduction to ETL with SSIS.
- Exploring Source Data.
- Implementing Data Flow.
Implementing Control Flow in an SSIS Package
- Introduction to Control Flow.
- Creating Dynamic Packages.
- Using Containers.
- Managing Consistency.
Debugging and Troubleshooting SSIS Packages
- Debugging an SSIS Package.
- Logging SSIS Package Events .
- Handling Errors in an SSIS Package.
Implementing an Incremental ETL Process
- Introduction to Incremental ETL.
- Extracting Modified Data.
- Loading Modified Data.
Incorporating Data from the Cloud into a Data Warehouse
- Overview of Cloud Data Sources.
- SQL Server Database.
- The Windows Azure Marketplace.
Enforcing Data Quality
- Introduction to Data Quality.
- Using Data Quality Services to Cleanse Data.
- Using Data Quality Services to Match Data.
Using Master Data Services
- Introduction to Master Data Services.
- Implementing a Master Data Services Model.
- Using the Master Data Services Add-in for Excel.
Extending SQL Server Integration Services
- Using Custom Components in SSIS.
- Using Scripts in SSIS.
Deploying and Configuring SSIS Packages
- Overview of SSIS Deployment.
- Deploying SSIS Projects.
- Planning SSIS Package Execution.
Consuming Data in a Data Warehouse
- Introduction to Business Intelligence.
- Introduction to Reporting.
- Introduction to Data Analysis.
The training was good covering the topics with right pace. The trainer was good, calm and gentle with good knowledge of Primavera. This training will help me in my career growth and providing effective solutions.Siddharth Kumar, India Primavera Training
Attending CEH training at Xpert Group fulfills my objective completely. Training starting from the basics of networking to the advanced level of hacking skills gives me great exposure to the ethical hacking domain. Now, I’m confident enough to meet the security talent crisis of my organization.Sagar Khajuria CEH Training
Working for an investigation agency, I always realize the skills lacking in computer forensic. With the fire to overcome this hurdle I attended CHFI training at Xpert Group in Noida. Learning forensic skills from an expert was really exciting. Listening to his case studies provides surplus information on the investigation process and tricks. Thank you Xpert Group for this great learning experience and preparing me for clearing the certification exam.Anand Khosla CHFI Training
Great training experience at Xpert Group. The trainer with a highly practical approach makes the training very informative and interesting. His interpersonal skills make me feel comfortable in the sessions. Good place to take up SAS training.Dr. Deepak Puri, Australia SAS Training
The knowledge and the teaching quality provided by the trainer was exceptional. The way he introduced electronics and relate it to the practical applications had changed my way of thinking. The facilities available helped in improving the learning experience. I honestly appreciate the trainer and Xpert Group.Akshay Puri Delhi Technological University, Verilog, CMOS and FPGA Training
My SAS training at Xpert Group was great and the trainer was excellent. I am happy because they not just gave training, but also provided motivation and career guidance. Due to their efforts, I got a great job and I am happy to have chosen Xpert Group. Many of my friends have also completed trainings from here and they are glad too.Anil Thakur, Delhi Base & Advance SAS Training
I attended cisco, microsoft, CompTIA and CEH trainings here. My training experience at Xpert Group was really great! The staff is friendly and ready to help. Most importantly, all the trainers are ready to answer all your queries. They had extreme patience and cooperated with me at all times. They covered the complete course content and also gave the right path to prepare for exams. They made my visit to India successful.
I’d surely suggest Xpert Group to my friends here. Cheers!
I would like to thank you and your team for providing me "CBAP Exam Prep Training Workshop" successfully. I really appreciate everyone for being so responsive, professional and kind enough to help me in all aspects. The training happened remotely, however I really did not get the feel of distance gap. The trainer helped me to related the course concepts with the IT industry that honed my creative thinking skills.
Thank you to everyone.
Attending RHCSA training from Xpert Group was a complete package of learning, fun, and problem solving. I appreciate the teaching style of the trainer and his involvement into sessions.
I’m sure Xpert Group can be the right training destination for training on any technology.
Learning Website designing from Xpert Group was very productive. The skills I gained here helped me to get a job shortly after training. I’m very thankful to the trainer and administration staff there for helping me out in various ways.Ankur bansal, Ghaziabad Web site designing Training
Xpert Group team is great in providing visionary counseling. I’m highly benefited and can recommend my friends and others to once visit Xpert Group before closing any training related decision. I attended both Base SAS and Advance SAS trainings. The trainer was an expert in his domain and solved all my queries in a very satisfactory manner. The study material provided here helps me to a great extent in preparing for the examination and qualifying it in the first attempt only. Now I’m on the way to my dream jobAnand Prakash Sahu Binary Semantics Ltd., Sr. Data Analyst Base & Advance SAS Training
Xpert Group is a good organization providing specialized training in all the demanding technologies and management areas. I attended ITIL® training for clearing the certification exam. I’m thankful to the trainer for imparting quality training. I congratulate Xpert Group for maintaining the standards in training.Manoj Kumar Sharma, HCL Application Support Manager
Xpert Group is a pool of professional courses. I learned the concepts of Core-Java and Android using various tools. The trainers with sound domain knowledge made the learning sessions interesting. THE LMS provided here as part of course was an additional help and a complete trainer in itself.Maninder Pal Singh Core-Java and Android Training
Few days back, I found the reviews for Xpert Group to be better as compared to other institutes in Delhi/NCR for ITIL V3 Foundation certificate exam preparation. I enrolled here and found the training sessions to be amazing, full of examples. LMS is really an useful tool covering detailed explanation of the topics and practice mock tests. The program managers are very supportive and sincere towards the trainee requirements. Overall, I’m very happy and satisfied on clearing my exam and getting knowledge from Xpert Group.Vinay Kumar Verma, Aircel Ltd., Assistant Manager ITIL® training