MS Project 2013 Training
- Course Content
- Drop us a Query
MS Project 2013 training expands the learning time and increases efficiency by understanding the basic concepts of project management. The hands-on exposure to the software enables the participants to plan and manage the various projects ranging from small to medium size. Allocating resources, preparing costing, defining scheduling and other details required to keep the project on track are covered under this MS project management training. Participants are equipped with the skills to turn project variables into timely delivery throughout the project lifespan.
On the completion of the training, the individuals will hold the following capabilities:
- Understand project management concepts
- Identity, differentiate and establish relationship between different types of tasks
- Create a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Allocate resources and create resource leveled schedule
- Set a baseline to track the project
- Perform a variance analysis on a project
- Create formulas and templates
- Perform different ways to arrange data including sorting, filtering, grouping, and reporting
- Establish sharing and synching of resources among multiple projects
- Business/Project Analysts
- Program/Project Manager
- Functional Implementer
- Professionals upgrading from earlier versions to the 2013 version
While there is no formal pre prerequisite for this training, however candidates with a strong interest in project management are the ideal participants for this course.
- 1. Introduction to Microsoft Project
- 2. A Quick and Easy Overview of Managing with Project
- 3. Setting Up a Project
- 4. Manually Schedule vs. Auto Schedule
- 5. Creating a Work Breakdown Structure
- 6. Identifying Task Relationships
- 7. Defining Resources within Project
- 8. Making Work Package Estimates
- 9. Creating an Initial Schedule
- 10. Create a Resource Leveled Schedule
- 11. Managing the Project
- 12. Formatting Output and Printing Reports
- 13. Managing Multiple Projects
- 14. Advanced Topics
- 15. Summary
Course 55054A: Mastering Microsoft Project 2013
1. Introduction to Microsoft Project
- Describe how Project relates to the discipline of Project management.
- Learn what the new features are in Project 2013.
- Navigate to the primary views available using the Ribbon.
- Choose Views that display task, resource, or assignment information.
- Select table within views to change the information that is available to see and edit.
- Relate the features of Project to the 5 steps for building a plan in Project.
2. A Quick and Easy Overview of Managing with Project
- Create a new project and prepare it for data entry.
- Enter project tasks.
- Sequence the tasks.
- Define resources.
- Estimate Task duration and assign resources.
- Baseline the project.
- Track project progress.
3. Setting Up a Project
- Use multiple methods to create a new project from an Excel file and a SharePoint Tasks list.
- Establish one or more calendars to constrain resource availability.
- Configure Project to calculate the schedule from the Start Date forward, or from the Finish Date backward.
4. Manually Schedule vs. Auto Schedule
- Students practice switching tasks between Manually Schedule and Auto Schedule modes. By switching modes, students learn the impact made on the project schedule and the individual tasks.
5. Creating a Work Breakdown Structure
- Build and use summary and subordinate tasks.
- Understand and use milestones.
- Develop WBS Outlines.
- Assign completion criteria.
- Evaluate the WBS.
- Understand and use WBS templates.
6. Identifying Task Relationships
- Understand the different types of task relationships.
- Understand and use various methods to create relationships.
- Determine and display task sequence.
- Understand and use lag, lead, and delay.
- Understand the new feature of Task Paths.
7. Defining Resources within Project
- Define resource types.
- Define individual resources that will be used on the project.
- Record the cost(s) of using each type of resource.
- Record the limit of availability for each type of resource by establishing a resource calendar and defining the maximum units of that resource.
8. Making Work Package Estimates
- Enter estimates for duration and costs for each task.
- Distinguish between task types and describe when each is appropriate.
- Describe the relationship between work, units, and duration.
- Describe the way Effort Driven scheduling is affected by work, units, and duration.
- Assign tasks to resources using the Team Planner view.
9. Creating an Initial Schedule
- Calculate float and identify a project’s critical path.
- Understand and identify task constraints.
- Create milestones.
- Use the Task Inspector to troubleshoot the initial schedule.
10. Create a Resource Leveled Schedule
- Adjust a project schedule to account for limited people and other resources.
- View the overall cost and schedule of a project.
- Identify resources that have been over allocated for a project schedule.
- Use multiple ways to adjust tasks and assignments to remove over allocation for any resource.
11. Managing the Project
- Learn how to set a baseline.
- Lean how to enter and track project performance data.
- Learn how to apply different tracking methods.
- Learn how to perform a variance analysis on a project.
12. Formatting Output and Printing Reports
- Custom Fields
- Other File Formats
13. Managing Multiple Projects
- Learn how to use common resources among multiple projects.
- Learn how to link tasks between multiple projects.
- Learn how to create a consolidated view of multiple projects.
14. Advanced Topics
- Learn how to customize the Ribbon and the Quick Access Toolbar.
- Learn how to customize WBS numbering.
- Learn the concepts of Formulas and Graphical indicators.
- Learn the purpose of the Global template and Organizer.
- Learn how to use Task Deadlines.
- Learn how to access the Office App Store.
- Learn what 74-343 Microsoft Project 2013, Managing Projects with Project 2013 exam will cover and what is in the objective domain.
- A sample study guide to help students prepare for the Microsoft Project 2013 exam.
The training was good covering the topics with right pace. The trainer was good, calm and gentle with good knowledge of Primavera. This training will help me in my career growth and providing effective solutions.Siddharth Kumar, India Primavera Training
Attending CEH training at Xpert Group fulfills my objective completely. Training starting from the basics of networking to the advanced level of hacking skills gives me great exposure to the ethical hacking domain. Now, I’m confident enough to meet the security talent crisis of my organization.Sagar Khajuria CEH Training
Working for an investigation agency, I always realize the skills lacking in computer forensic. With the fire to overcome this hurdle I attended CHFI training at Xpert Group in Noida. Learning forensic skills from an expert was really exciting. Listening to his case studies provides surplus information on the investigation process and tricks. Thank you Xpert Group for this great learning experience and preparing me for clearing the certification exam.Anand Khosla CHFI Training
Great training experience at Xpert Group. The trainer with a highly practical approach makes the training very informative and interesting. His interpersonal skills make me feel comfortable in the sessions. Good place to take up SAS training.Dr. Deepak Puri, Australia SAS Training
The knowledge and the teaching quality provided by the trainer was exceptional. The way he introduced electronics and relate it to the practical applications had changed my way of thinking. The facilities available helped in improving the learning experience. I honestly appreciate the trainer and Xpert Group.Akshay Puri Delhi Technological University, Verilog, CMOS and FPGA Training
My SAS training at Xpert Group was great and the trainer was excellent. I am happy because they not just gave training, but also provided motivation and career guidance. Due to their efforts, I got a great job and I am happy to have chosen Xpert Group. Many of my friends have also completed trainings from here and they are glad too.Anil Thakur, Delhi Base & Advance SAS Training
I attended cisco, microsoft, CompTIA and CEH trainings here. My training experience at Xpert Group was really great! The staff is friendly and ready to help. Most importantly, all the trainers are ready to answer all your queries. They had extreme patience and cooperated with me at all times. They covered the complete course content and also gave the right path to prepare for exams. They made my visit to India successful.
I’d surely suggest Xpert Group to my friends here. Cheers!
I would like to thank you and your team for providing me "CBAP Exam Prep Training Workshop" successfully. I really appreciate everyone for being so responsive, professional and kind enough to help me in all aspects. The training happened remotely, however I really did not get the feel of distance gap. The trainer helped me to related the course concepts with the IT industry that honed my creative thinking skills.
Thank you to everyone.
Attending RHCSA training from Xpert Group was a complete package of learning, fun, and problem solving. I appreciate the teaching style of the trainer and his involvement into sessions.
I’m sure Xpert Group can be the right training destination for training on any technology.
Learning Website designing from Xpert Group was very productive. The skills I gained here helped me to get a job shortly after training. I’m very thankful to the trainer and administration staff there for helping me out in various ways.Ankur bansal, Ghaziabad Web site designing Training
Xpert Group team is great in providing visionary counseling. I’m highly benefited and can recommend my friends and others to once visit Xpert Group before closing any training related decision. I attended both Base SAS and Advance SAS trainings. The trainer was an expert in his domain and solved all my queries in a very satisfactory manner. The study material provided here helps me to a great extent in preparing for the examination and qualifying it in the first attempt only. Now I’m on the way to my dream jobAnand Prakash Sahu Binary Semantics Ltd., Sr. Data Analyst Base & Advance SAS Training
Xpert Group is a good organization providing specialized training in all the demanding technologies and management areas. I attended ITIL® training for clearing the certification exam. I’m thankful to the trainer for imparting quality training. I congratulate Xpert Group for maintaining the standards in training.Manoj Kumar Sharma, HCL Application Support Manager
Xpert Group is a pool of professional courses. I learned the concepts of Core-Java and Android using various tools. The trainers with sound domain knowledge made the learning sessions interesting. THE LMS provided here as part of course was an additional help and a complete trainer in itself.Maninder Pal Singh Core-Java and Android Training
Few days back, I found the reviews for Xpert Group to be better as compared to other institutes in Delhi/NCR for ITIL V3 Foundation certificate exam preparation. I enrolled here and found the training sessions to be amazing, full of examples. LMS is really an useful tool covering detailed explanation of the topics and practice mock tests. The program managers are very supportive and sincere towards the trainee requirements. Overall, I’m very happy and satisfied on clearing my exam and getting knowledge from Xpert Group.Vinay Kumar Verma, Aircel Ltd., Assistant Manager ITIL® training