MCSE Windows Server 2012 Training
- Course Content
- Drop us a Query
MCSE Windows Server 2012 training imparts expertise in designing and implementing an advanced server infrastructure. This training also focuses on the implementation of desktop infrastructure and desktop application environments.
The server infrastructure training delivers knowledge, skills and hand-on instructions to provide a secure and automated Windows Server 2012 R2 infrastructure in an enterprise environment. The desktop infrastructure part of the training provides guidance on planning, deploying, securing, and monitoring desktops. From the desktop application environments section of the training, the learners develop skills in designing, deploying, and managing Windows 8 enterprise applications in all physical, virtual, and cloud environments.
After completing Designing and Implementing a Server Infrastructure section of the training, the students will be able to:
- Plan and implement upgradation, migration, and server deployment strategy.
- Use System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) for server deployment.
- Design and implement IP configuration, IP address management solution and name resolution.
- Design and implement an Active Directory Domain Services Forest, Domain Infrastructure, Organizational Unit Infrastructure, and physical topology.
- Design and implement a Group Policy Object (GPO) strategy.
- Plan, design and implement storage and file services, network protection, and remote access services.
The Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure section of this training, will make the students competent to:
- Understand an enterprise data center.
- Work with Microsoft System Centre 2012 for server virtualization strategy.
- Deploy virtual machines on Windows Hyper-V.
- Plan and implement an application, file services, and a highly available server infrastructure.
- Plan and implement a business continuity strategy, Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) deployment, and a certificate management solution.
- Understand the Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS) server deployment and claims aware application access.
- Plan and implement Dynamic Access Control (DAC), Workplace Join, Work Folders, and infrastructure for Information Rights Management Services (RMS).
By the end of the Implementing a Desktop Infrastructure section of this training, the students will be proficient to:
- Understand and apply desktop deployment options.
- Design an image management strategy.
- Implement desktop security and handle User State Migration.
- Use the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit and System Center 2012 Configuration Manager.
- Handle a Remote Desktop Services infrastructure.
- Carry various operations such as manage user state virtualization, implement an updates infrastructure for enterprise desktops and also protect from malware and data loss.
- Identify and monitor the performance of the desktop infrastructure.
On the successful completion of Implementing Desktop Application Environments, the students will be able to:
- Frame an application distribution strategy and resolve application compatibility problems for desktop and virtualization-based deployments.
- Use Group Policy, Windows Intune, Windows System Center 2012 Configuration Manager SP1, and App-V to deploy applications.
- Design and deploy Windows Server 2012 roles and features to support presentation virtualization, application virtualization.
- Develop, deploy and manage applications for RemoteApp, Remote Desktop, and Remote Desktop Web Access.
- Streamline the deployment of software updates to applications and application coexistence.
- Monitor the applications deployment, utilization and performance over different hosting platforms.
Server Infrastructure training is intended for IT professionals who look forward for a career as Computer Support Specialists and Information Security Analysts. Desktop infrastructure and application training is beneficial for the IT professionals who manage the desktop environments and want to specialize in Windows 8 desktop and application deployments for large organizations.
- Candidates with sound understanding of Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) fundamentals, networking concepts; scripts and batch files; and authentication and authorization concepts.
- Learners with working knowledge of Windows Server 2012 R2 and Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS).
- Attendees having exposure to deployment, packaging, and imaging tools.
- Applicants with appropriate communication skills to develop proposals and budget recommendations.
- Participants with experience in administering Windows Server in a large organization spread at multiple physical locations with more than 2,500 users; in addition to multiple domains.
- Professionals deploying and managing applications at Windows 8 client desktops, both physically and virtually.
- Knowledge equivalent to MCSA Windows Server 2012.
After being trained on above skills, you can attempt MCSE 2012 certification by Microsoft:
|Course Name||Course No.||Exam No.||Certification Achieved|
|Designing and Implementing a Server Infrastructure||20413B||70-413||MCSE Server Infrastructure|
|Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure||20414B||70-414|
|Implementing a Desktop Infrastructure||20415B||70-415||MCSE Desktop Infrastructure|
|Implementing Desktop Application Environments||20416B||70-416|
- Course 20413C: Designing and Implementing a Server Infrastructure
- Course 20414C: Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure
- Course 20415B: Implementing a Desktop Infrastructure
- Course 20416B: Implementing Desktop Application Environments
Course 20413C: Designing and Implementing a Server Infrastructure
1. Planning Server Upgrade and Migration
- Considerations for Upgrades and Migrations
- Creating a Server Upgrade and Migration Plan
- Planning for Virtualization
2. Planning and Implementing a Server Deployment Strategy
- Server Deployment Strategy
- Implementing an Automated Deployment Strategy
3. Planning and Deploying Servers Using Virtual Machine Manager
- System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager Overview
- Implementing a Virtual Machine Manager Library and Profiles
- Planning and Deploying Virtual Machine Manager Services
4. Designing and Maintaining an IP Configuration and Address Management Solution
- Designing DHCP Servers
- Planning DHCP Scopes
- Designing an IPAM Provisioning Strategy
- Managing Servers and Address Spaces by Using IPAM
5. Designing and Implementing Name Resolution
- Designing a DNS Server Implementation Strategy
- Designing the DNS Namespace
- Designing DNS Zones
- Designing DNS Zone Replication and Delegation
- Optimizing DNS Servers
- Designing DNS for High Availability and Security
6. Designing and Implementing an Active Directory Domain Services Forest and Domain Infrastructure
- Designing an Active Directory Forest
- Designing and Implementing Active Directory Forest Trusts
- Designing Active Directory Integration with Windows Azure Active Directory
- Designing and Implementing Active Directory Domains
- Designing DNS Namespaces in Active Directory Environments
- Designing Active Directory Domain Trusts
7. Designing and Implementing an AD DS Organizational Unit Infrastructure
- Planning the Active Directory Administrative Tasks Delegation Model
- Designing an OU Structure
- Designing and Implementing an AD DS Group Strategy
8. Designing and Implementing a Group Policy Object Strategy
- Collecting the Information Required for a GPO Design
- Designing and Implementing GPOs
- Designing GPO Processing
- Planning Group Policy Management
9. Designing and Implementing an AD DS Physical Topology
- Designing and Implementing Active Directory Sites
- Designing Active Directory Replication
- Designing the Placement of Domain Controllers
- Virtualization Considerations for Domain Controllers
- Designing Highly Available Domain Controllers
10. Planning and Implementing Storage and File Services
- Planning and Implementing iSCSI SANs
- Planning and Implementing Storage Spaces
- Optimizing File Services for Branch Offices
11. Designing and Implementing Network Protection
- Overview of Network Security Design
- Designing and Implementing a Windows Firewall Strategy
- Designing and Implementing a NAP Infrastructure
12. Designing and Implementing Remote Access Services
- Planning and Implementing DirectAccess
- Planning and Implementing VPN
- Planning and Implementing Web Application Proxy
- Planning a Complex Remote Access Infrastructure
Course 20414C: Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure
1. Overview of Management in an Enterprise Data Center
- Overview of the Enterprise Data Center
- Overview of the Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Components
2. Planning and Implementing a Server Virtualization Strategy
- Planning a VMM Deployment
- Planning and Implementing a Server Virtualization Host Environment
3. Planning and Implementing Networks and Storage for Virtualization
- Planning a Storage Infrastructure for Virtualization
- Implementing a Storage Infrastructure for Virtualization
- Planning and Implementing a Network Infrastructure for Virtualization
- Planning and Implementing Network Virtualization
4. Planning and Deploying Virtual Machines
- Planning a Virtual Machine Configuration
- Preparing for Virtual Machine Deployments with VMM
- Deploying Virtual Machines
- Planning and Implementing Hyper-V Replica
5. Planning and Implementing a Virtualization Administration Solution
- Planning and Implementing Automation with System Center 2012
- Planning and Implementing System Center 2012 Administration
- Planning and Implementing Self-Service Options in System Center 2012
- Planning and Implementing Updates in a Server Virtualization Infrastructure
6. Planning and Implementing a Server Monitoring Strategy
- Planning Monitoring in Windows Server 2012
- Overview of Operations Manager
- Planning and Configuring Monitoring Components
- Configuring Integration with VMM
7. Planning and Implementing High Availability for File Services and Applications
- Planning and Implementing Storage Spaces
- Planning and Implementing a DFS
- Planning and Implementing NLB
8. Planning and Implementing a High Availability Infrastructure Using Failover Clustering
- Planning an Infrastructure for Failover Clustering
- Implementing Failover Clustering
- Planning and Implementing Updates for Failover Clusters
- Integrating Failover Clustering with Server Virtualization
- Planning a Multisite Failover Cluster
9. Planning and Implementing a Business Continuity Strategy
- Overview of Business Continuity Planning
- Planning and Implementing Backup Strategies
- Planning and Implementing Recovery
- Planning and Implementing Backup and Recovery of Virtual Machines
10. Planning and Implementing an Public Key Infrastructure
- Planning and Implementing Deployment of a Certification Authority
- Planning and Implementing Certificate Templates
- Planning and Implementing Certificate Distribution and Revocation
- Planning and Implementing Key Archival and Recovery
11. Planning and Implementing an Identity Federation Infrastructure
- Planning and Implementing an AD FS Server Infrastructure
- Planning and Implementing AD FS Claim Providers and Relying Parties
- Planning and Implementing AD FS Claims and Claim Rules
- Planning and Implementing Web Application Proxy
12. Planning and Implementing Data Access for Users and Devices
- Planning and Implementing DAC
- Planning Workplace Join
- Planning Work Folders
13. Planning and Implementing an Information Rights Management Infrastructure
- AD RMS Overview
- Planning and Implementing an AD RMS Cluster
- Planning and Implementing AD RMS Templates and Policies
- Planning and Implementing External Access to AD RMS Services
- Planning and Implementing AD RMS Integration with Dynamic Access Control
Course 20415B: Implementing a Desktop Infrastructure
1. Assessing and Determining Desktop Deployment Options
- Overview of the Enterprise Desktop Life Cycle
- Assessing Hardware and Infrastructure Readiness for a Desktop Deployment
- Using MAP to Assess Deployment Readiness
- Overview of Enterprise Desktop Deployment Methods
- Volume Activation Technologies for Enterprise Desktops
2. Planning an Image Management Strategy
- Overview of Windows Image Format
- Overview of Image Management
3. Implementing Desktop Security
- Implementing a Centralized Desktop Security Solution
- Planning and Implementing BitLocker
- Planning and Implementing EFS
4. Capturing and Managing a Desktop Operating System Image
- Overview of Windows ADK
- Managing Windows PE
- Building a Reference Image by Using Windows SIM and Sysprep
- Capturing and Servicing a Reference Image
- Configuring and Managing Windows DS
5. Planning and Implementing User State Migration
- Overview of User State Migration
- Planning User State Migration by Using USMT
- Migrating User State by Using USMT
6. Planning and Deploying Desktops Using the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
- Planning for the LTI Environment
- Implementing MDT 2012 for LTI
- Integrating Windows DS with MDT
7. Planning and Deploying Desktops by Using System Center 2012 Configuration Manager
- Planning the ZTI Environment
- Preparing the Site for Operating System Deployment
- Building a Reference Image by Using a Configuration Manager Task Sequence
- Deploying Client Images by Using MDT Task Sequences
8. Planning and Implementing a Remote Desktop Services Infrastructure
- Overview of Remote Desktop Services
- Planning the Remote Desktop Services Environment
- Configuring a Virtual Machine–Based Desktop Infrastructure Deployment
- Configuring a Session-Based Desktop Deployment
- Extending the Remote Desktop Services Environment to the Internet
9. Managing User State Virtualization for Enterprise Desktops
- Overview of User State Virtualization
- Planning User State Virtualization
- Configuring Roaming Profiles, Folder Redirection, and Offline Files
- Implementing UE-V
10. Planning and Implementing an Updates Infrastructure to Support Enterprise Desktops
- Planning an Updates Infrastructure for the Enterprise
- Supporting Software Updates with System Center 2012 Configuration Manager
- Managing Updates for Virtual Machines and Images
- Using Windows Intune for Managing Software Updates
11. Protecting Enterprise Desktops from Malware and Data Loss
- Overview of System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection
- Configuring System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection Client Settings and Monitoring Status
- Using Windows Intune Endpoint Protection
- Protecting Desktops by Using DPM
12. Monitoring the Performance and Health of the Desktop Infrastructure
- Performance and Health Monitoring for the Desktop Infrastructure
- Monitoring VDI
Course 20416B: Implementing Desktop Application Environments
1. Designing an Application Distribution Strategy
- Developing an Application Lifecycle Strategy
- Determining Business Requirements for Application Distribution
- Overview of Application Distribution Strategies
2. Diagnosing and Remediating Application Compatibility
- Diagnosing Application Compatibility Issues
- Evaluating and Implementing Remediation Solutions
- Resolving Compatibility Issues by Using ACT
3. Deploying Software by Using Group Policy and Windows Intune
- Deploying Software by Using Group Policy
- Sideloading Windows Store Apps
- Deploying Software by Using Windows Intune
4. Deploying Applications by Using Microsoft System Center 2012 Configuration Manager SP1
- Understanding Software Deployment by Using System Center 2012 Configuration Manager SP1
- Deploying Software by Using System Center 2012 Configuration Manager SP1
5. Configuring Self-Service Application Deployment
- Understanding Self-Service Application Deployment
- Configuring Self-Service with Windows Intune
- Self-Service Deployment by Using System Center 2012 Configuration Manager SP1
- Self-Service Deployment with Service Manager and Orchestrator
6. Designing and Implementing Presentation Virtualization Infrastructure
- Assessing Presentation Virtualization Requirements
- Planning Presentation Virtualization Infrastructure
- Deploying Presentation Virtualization Infrastructure
- Extending the Presentation Virtualization Infrastructure
7. Preparing, Configuring, and Deploying Presentation Virtualization Applications
- Determining Presentation Virtualization Application Strategies
- Planning and Deploying Remote Desktop, RemoteApp, and Remote Desktop Web Access
8. Designing and Deploying an Application Virtualization Environment
- Overview of Application Virtualization Models
- Deploying Application Virtualization Infrastructure Components
- Configuring Application Virtualization Client Support
9. Preparing, Sequencing, and Deploying Virtual Applications
- Sequencing Applications with App-V
- Deploying App-V Applications
10. Planning and Implementing Application Updates and Security
- Planning Application Updates
- Deploying Updates by Using WSUS
- Deploying Application Updates by Using System Center 2012 Configuration Manager SP1
- Implementing Application Security
11. Planning and Implementing Application Upgrades
- Overview of Application Upgrades
- Overview of Application Concurrency
12. Monitoring Application Deployment, Use, and Performance
- Planning Application Monitoring
- Planning Software Inventory and Metering
- Monitoring Application Resource Utilization
The training was good covering the topics with right pace. The trainer was good, calm and gentle with good knowledge of Primavera. This training will help me in my career growth and providing effective solutions.Siddharth Kumar, India Primavera Training
Attending CEH training at Xpert Group fulfills my objective completely. Training starting from the basics of networking to the advanced level of hacking skills gives me great exposure to the ethical hacking domain. Now, I’m confident enough to meet the security talent crisis of my organization.Sagar Khajuria CEH Training
Working for an investigation agency, I always realize the skills lacking in computer forensic. With the fire to overcome this hurdle I attended CHFI training at Xpert Group in Noida. Learning forensic skills from an expert was really exciting. Listening to his case studies provides surplus information on the investigation process and tricks. Thank you Xpert Group for this great learning experience and preparing me for clearing the certification exam.Anand Khosla CHFI Training
Great training experience at Xpert Group. The trainer with a highly practical approach makes the training very informative and interesting. His interpersonal skills make me feel comfortable in the sessions. Good place to take up SAS training.Dr. Deepak Puri, Australia SAS Training
The knowledge and the teaching quality provided by the trainer was exceptional. The way he introduced electronics and relate it to the practical applications had changed my way of thinking. The facilities available helped in improving the learning experience. I honestly appreciate the trainer and Xpert Group.Akshay Puri Delhi Technological University, Verilog, CMOS and FPGA Training
My SAS training at Xpert Group was great and the trainer was excellent. I am happy because they not just gave training, but also provided motivation and career guidance. Due to their efforts, I got a great job and I am happy to have chosen Xpert Group. Many of my friends have also completed trainings from here and they are glad too.Anil Thakur, Delhi Base & Advance SAS Training
I attended cisco, microsoft, CompTIA and CEH trainings here. My training experience at Xpert Group was really great! The staff is friendly and ready to help. Most importantly, all the trainers are ready to answer all your queries. They had extreme patience and cooperated with me at all times. They covered the complete course content and also gave the right path to prepare for exams. They made my visit to India successful.
I’d surely suggest Xpert Group to my friends here. Cheers!
I would like to thank you and your team for providing me "CBAP Exam Prep Training Workshop" successfully. I really appreciate everyone for being so responsive, professional and kind enough to help me in all aspects. The training happened remotely, however I really did not get the feel of distance gap. The trainer helped me to related the course concepts with the IT industry that honed my creative thinking skills.
Thank you to everyone.
Attending RHCSA training from Xpert Group was a complete package of learning, fun, and problem solving. I appreciate the teaching style of the trainer and his involvement into sessions.
I’m sure Xpert Group can be the right training destination for training on any technology.
Learning Website designing from Xpert Group was very productive. The skills I gained here helped me to get a job shortly after training. I’m very thankful to the trainer and administration staff there for helping me out in various ways.Ankur bansal, Ghaziabad Web site designing Training
Xpert Group team is great in providing visionary counseling. I’m highly benefited and can recommend my friends and others to once visit Xpert Group before closing any training related decision. I attended both Base SAS and Advance SAS trainings. The trainer was an expert in his domain and solved all my queries in a very satisfactory manner. The study material provided here helps me to a great extent in preparing for the examination and qualifying it in the first attempt only. Now I’m on the way to my dream jobAnand Prakash Sahu Binary Semantics Ltd., Sr. Data Analyst Base & Advance SAS Training
Xpert Group is a good organization providing specialized training in all the demanding technologies and management areas. I attended ITIL® training for clearing the certification exam. I’m thankful to the trainer for imparting quality training. I congratulate Xpert Group for maintaining the standards in training.Manoj Kumar Sharma, HCL Application Support Manager
Xpert Group is a pool of professional courses. I learned the concepts of Core-Java and Android using various tools. The trainers with sound domain knowledge made the learning sessions interesting. THE LMS provided here as part of course was an additional help and a complete trainer in itself.Maninder Pal Singh Core-Java and Android Training
Few days back, I found the reviews for Xpert Group to be better as compared to other institutes in Delhi/NCR for ITIL V3 Foundation certificate exam preparation. I enrolled here and found the training sessions to be amazing, full of examples. LMS is really an useful tool covering detailed explanation of the topics and practice mock tests. The program managers are very supportive and sincere towards the trainee requirements. Overall, I’m very happy and satisfied on clearing my exam and getting knowledge from Xpert Group.Vinay Kumar Verma, Aircel Ltd., Assistant Manager ITIL® training